Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spider Webs



I recently watched the movie Charlotte's Web with my daughter. I've seen Charlotte's Web before, but had never really thought about spiders before. Usually if I do think about spiders it's because I see one in the house & am trying to get rid of it.

But there was something about that particular day when I watched the movie that helped me see spiders in a different way. What was clear was that spiders create from what is within them. They're not looking outside of themselves for resources or even for guidance. They use what is inside them & from this internal space are able to create these magnificent and glorious creations called webs. These webs are not only beautiful and intricate, but they are also an act of faith. With the webs they create they trust that what they need will arrive. They don't hunt it out, don't search it out, don't do anything else but know that what they need to sustain them will come to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment