Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Deepening my yoga practice






I recently embarked on my yoga teacher training certification (that's a mouthful). I've been trying to pretend that this training is no big deal and really haven't talked much about it. Today though I realized I haven't been practicing one of the basic philosophies of a yoga path, which is truthfulness. So, if I am being truthful I have to say I am both excited and uncertain as I continue on this path. Becoming a yoga teacher is such a natural and obvious progression for me, but one I still have managed to fight and resist. Why, because this is a path of transformation and I long for it and yet it scares me as well.

Yoga feels like a calling and this whole process I have embarked on feels like an initiation. I am walking into this not knowing where I will end up, but moving ahead step by step.

The physical part of yoga (practicing the asanas) is the least physical part of my routine. Yoga isn’t about a body doing moves, but rather something larger and infinite moving through your physical body. And truthfully yoga is about nothing less than surrender. : ) So here I go! Letting go & surrendering a little more as I write and share this.  



No comments:

Post a Comment