Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stitch by Stitch

I am avid knitter. I will take a skein of yarn and knit and knit and knit until I make something out of it. I enjoy the beginning of fall because I take out the skeins of yarn in their varying colors and textures and begin to create something. Knitting is not for the faint of heart, really. A lot of knitting is repetitive, but it also requires you to pay attention otherwise you will drop a stitch or lose track of your pattern. I'm a notoriously fast knitter and there's something about the rhythm and the click of the needles that I enjoy. Each and every time I knit I am in awe that out of one string of yarn I am able to create something that I can wear. Since having my daughter I have created numerous knit items for her and there's a great joy that I can make something that clothes her and warms her. What I value most from the process of knitting is that a simple repetitive act can accomplish something functional and beautiful. 







1 comment:

  1. Love your description of the process: "a simple repetitive act can accomplish something functional and beautiful". I can relate this to many areas of life. Inspiring!
    Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete